Stroud Against Supermarket Saturation has formed to stop the three proposed supermarket developments in Stroud. We are ordinary local people who cannot stand by and allow yet more supermarkets to impose themselves in the area when they are simply not needed. We recognise that the area must move with the times and we are not against change. SASS supports new investment in the local economy and development in line with the local plan, just not at the expense of local people and employers.
- Stroud already has a sufficient number of supermarkets for the population, and there is no proven demand for an additional super market in the local area.
- Another supermarket will further impact on local retailers and the choice and diversity of shops in the town centre.
- Significant traffic congestion will be created, particularly at peak times, around the entire road network in Stroud and Stonehouse
- The increased traffic on roads such as Dudbridge Hill not designed for HGVs and 1000s of additional cars.
- The jobs created will be low paid, largely part time jobs that will have a limited net effect on the local economy.
If you value your local community and the features that make Stroud and Stonehouse such special places to live, work, shop and play, join our campaign and say NO to more soulless supermarkets and yes to locally driven development and growth.
Visit us on Facebook – www.facebook.com/stroudagainstsupermarketsaturation
or follow us on Twitter – @sasscampaign
Tweets by @SASScampaign